Exploring the world of fiber, one draft at a time

My posting can be as frequent or infrequent as my spinning, so be as patient as that fiber, sitting in my stash.

Monday, September 14, 2015

Third batch The Big Wash up

L
Various dyed fibers in this batch, from left to right:

Merino/tencel dyed by Bonkers.  This 17 WPI, 230 yard 2 ply was spun on my Ashford traditional with a lace flyer.

Enchanted Knoll art batt spun bulky on my Roberta.  This skein is 100 yards 6 WPI 2 ply.  There is a second skein (see photo batch four) that is 72 yards, 7 WPI.

Portuguese Wool Top dyed by Painted Tiger color way Portagallo.  This was a challenge skein.  First I split the fiber fractal for spinning.  I made four singles, but planned them so that those 2 ply would make a cabled yarn.  It is an amazing yarn.  135 yards, 12 WPI 4 ply.

Mohair 100% dyed by Majora Acres.  Sample skein, 38 yards.  Spun on drop spindle.

Merino/ tencel dyed by Damselfly fibers.  225 yards, 18 WPI 2 ply. Spun on the traditional with lace flyer.

Merino tencel combo skein of the green and pink yarns.  I want to put those colors together in a project and as I was spinning it I decided to see if I like the singles plied together.  I do but not for a whole project.  It was a good visual test though of what the two colors looked like together.

Milk fiber 100%. Tiny sample of the fiber made a tiny test skein spun on the Royal Hair spindle.




No comments: