Exploring the world of fiber, one draft at a time

My posting can be as frequent or infrequent as my spinning, so be as patient as that fiber, sitting in my stash.

Monday, September 14, 2015

Fourth batch The Big Wash up



That top photo shows the unwashed skein, the skein in the second photo, far left shows what a difference a nice soak in water will make in a skein's appearance.  I often feel the same after a nice hot bubble bath!

That skein is BFL/silk blend dyed by Natural Obsessions ( sadly no longer in business) the color way is Herb Shoppe. I split the entire roving in half lengthwise and spun each on bobbins from the same end, then 2 plied those singles.  There is 522 yards, WPI? This was spun on my Roberta.

Going on, left to right:

The next two skeins were not in this batch but we're still hanging to dry when I took the picture.  A cameo appearance of the Enchanted Knoll Batts yarn.

Alpaca 100 % koolade dyed by my daughter.  47 yards, 6 WPI 2 ply.

Weslendale fiber dyed by Painted Tiger color way Fairy Ring. 165 yards 2 ply 11 WPI.

Angora/ dyed silk batt by Fluffington Farms, color way Dreamsicle.  Two skeins spun on the Ashford traditional with the lace flyer.  WPI ?  80 and 36 yards 2 ply.

No comments: