Exploring the world of fiber, one draft at a time

My posting can be as frequent or infrequent as my spinning, so be as patient as that fiber, sitting in my stash.

Monday, September 14, 2015

Fifth batch The Big Wash up


These skeins only have one thing in common, their fiber.  I once purchased a Rambouilette fleece and had it processed at Wooly Knob Fiber Mill.  Then later I planned a big two day dye day.  One dye study was to try and dye the tertiary colors of the color wheel.  That should be in a blog post somewhere on this blog.  After I was done with the dye pot, I would take 1 to 1.5 oz of this fiber and use it to exhaust the pots. Over the last two years I have been spinning these fibers on my Haldane, and making 2 ply yarn averaging 12-14 WPI.  These are the colors I got:

Red 95 yards 
Teal 73 yards
Lime Green 100 yards
Light purple 120 yards
Pink 144 yards
Orange 90 yards 
Light Lime Green 93 yards


Purple 100 yards
Maroon Purple 120 yards
Medium Purple 70 yards
Dark Purple 120 yards
Deep Purple 95 yards

No comments: