Exploring the world of fiber, one draft at a time

My posting can be as frequent or infrequent as my spinning, so be as patient as that fiber, sitting in my stash.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A large chain plying project


This is 8 oz of dyed Shetland single I spun during TdF15.  I want to keep those colors so I decided to chain ply. That is my Aura bobbin, which is very large.  The single is 24 WPI.


Three ply.  I am not sure the whole project will fit on one bobbin in spite of the bobbin's large size.

I obviously can not do this many hour project all at once, which means having to figure out how to stop.  Stopping in the middle of chain plying is not easy!  I came up with the solution of putting my loop around the bobbin flyer, it keeps the loop open and has been pretty easy to pick up and start again each time.  It looks like this when I am not spinning.



No comments: