Exploring the world of fiber, one draft at a time

My posting can be as frequent or infrequent as my spinning, so be as patient as that fiber, sitting in my stash.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

YST episode 36 Spinning on a Charkha

I can not believe I am at the 36th podcast! It will soon be two years since I started this creative adventure.



Episode 36 of Yarnspinnerstales is all about spinning on a charkha, and this time I have two special guests sharing their experiences with their Bosworth book charkha. I also do a review of the DVD Charkha Spinning Tips and Techniques, by Elaine Benfatto.



But best of all, there is a Youtube video that not only shows spinning on the charkha but is explained in detail by my daughter. Check it out here.



A few photos just to show you the charkha. First, closed showing that it really is the size of a hard back book:



Next, the charkha opened, showing just how neatly everything fits inside:




And finally, the charkha opened and set up ready to spin:





Be sure to check out the webpage for the podcast, as I have posted lots of links there that relate to spinning with the charkha.









No comments: