Exploring the world of fiber, one draft at a time

My posting can be as frequent or infrequent as my spinning, so be as patient as that fiber, sitting in my stash.

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Pretty Ribbons


From the 100th State Fair

Can you match up the ribbons with the skeins below?


State Fair Skeins

None of them won the blue ribbon. From left to right, the gold skein is the one I dyed this spring with ragwort, it got a green third place. The pink/brown skein is a blend of wool and buffalo that I bought. It got the pink ribbon, an honorable mention. The white skein is lincoln lambswool, processed by a spinning friend of mine that raises the sheep. It and the last blue skein (a wool and angora blend dyed by me) both got second place red ribbons.

Here's the blue ribbon winner:


Blue ribbon winner

I spun this skein on my Ashford tradition with a lace flyer, using 100 micron merino top.

Thanks for letting me brag a little.

CW

No comments: