Exploring the world of fiber, one draft at a time

My posting can be as frequent or infrequent as my spinning, so be as patient as that fiber, sitting in my stash.

Monday, May 06, 2024

Other places I hang out on the internet now

 Back in the day, blogging was -the- thing to do.  I did many posts to this blog.

As time passed and the internet expanded, and learned new ways to connect everyone and everything, blogs became old hat.  All that reading!  Instead, give me pictures...and sound!

Then a well kept secret in the gaming community hit the main population, and streaming was born.  On Youtube, on Twitch  and other platforms.  I wandered along behind many months, until finally in Sept 2020 I got behind the camera, grabbed my spinning wheel and launch my Yarnspinnerstales stream.  

I am still doing it.  Now what use to take 100's of words to explain everything in podcasts under that name, the viewers could see it!  I have spun many skeins of yarn, processed (even washing) fiber, explained but most of all, show the whole process of turning fiber into yarn.  And further, now and then I knit or crochet with it too.

I expect the internet will find yet another way to be of use to our everyday life, but for me, this feels like my place to be for awhile.  I invite you to come join me.  Not only can you see me spin, you can hear my voice telling you about it, and other bits and pieces of my life.

Follow these links:

To see me streaming live   Yarnspinnerstales stream  If there is a button that says live, click that picture.

If it does not say live on the picture, you can watch it, just like a recorded show on your TV.  The channel for yarnspinnerstales will hold a couple of weeks worth of shows.  Clicking on any of them will play it.

For many more of the older shows, I am using Youtube to archive.

Archived streams


I hope to see you live sometime though!

No comments: