Exploring the world of fiber, one draft at a time

My posting can be as frequent or infrequent as my spinning, so be as patient as that fiber, sitting in my stash.

Monday, November 18, 2019

YST Episode 166 Book Review


The book Spinning Wool beyond the Basics is by Anne Field.  This podcast is a review of the book.

There are two editions of this book.  The first, published in 2010 by Trafalgar Square Publishing is shown here on Ebay.  Google book link is here.

The second edition was published by A & C Black Publishers.  It seems to be the same book and information, although I have not seen an actual copy of the book yet.  It is shown in this link at Alibris.

I talk about her differentiating between four ways to spin, woolen, semi woolen, worsted, and semi worsted.  The preparation of the fiber and the actual way it is spun, determines which type of yarn you are spinning.


Here's the latest episode

No comments: