Exploring the world of fiber, one draft at a time

My posting can be as frequent or infrequent as my spinning, so be as patient as that fiber, sitting in my stash.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Yarn Binge

Sadly, one of the larger locally owned yarn shops closed their doors mid June.  I made it to the last day, merely hours before the shop closed.  It did look like a grocery store before a major snow storm, lots of bare shelves.  I still managed to find two yarns I loved, in colors I loved, and even more importantly in enough quantity I can knit sweaters.  Although I have no specific patterns in mind, I'd love to pick one up right now and knit it.  Both yarns are very soft and squishy.  A very tentative plan is a sweater for hubby and for me.

For hubby, I picked a washable worsted merino.  


The bittersweet color is a question mark for him, but I love the color and may use it for something for myself.  The brand is Plymouth Select.

The yarn I picked for me is a combination of the Plymouth Select and Berrocco Vintage.


I also bought three circular needles, the Karbonz because everyone raves about them, and I don't have any yet.  True also of the HiyaHiya.


Finally a book that has been around forever but that I wanted for the charts.








No comments: